At Handcross Park (my school), we have been learning hockey as well as netball this term.
We have learnt how you get a foul and what happens if you get one.
- If you get a foul in the black D, the other team takes it to the top of the circle, and passes it to another member of their team – it’s called a Hit Out.
- If you get it anywhere else, it just goes to the other team.
I like hockey more than netball. I am doing training with mum as well as learning at school.
My homework this week is to write about medieval times. Mum says she wants me to do five facts. Dad says we should write it on my blog and print it out.
I have found out my facts in two medieval books:
My facts are:
- Most castles have round towers.
- Some medieval ladies wore headdresses
- Knights used to save the castle from danger
- In medieval times, the kings and queens ruled the kingdom
- A church inside a castle is called a chapel
Last week was half term.
Before half term, we were learning about planets and stars and the galaxy.
Now, we’re talking about owls.
- My group is barn owls.
- My best friend’s group is tawny owls.
- The other groups are called little owls and eagle owls.
Barn owls look like ghosts as they fly through the moonlight. They screech as well. They don’t just live in barns – they live in churches and buildings and trees.
Tawny owls are the most common owls in England, my book says.
In the year 2 classes at my school, most people like barn owls, I think, and for the least popular, it’s little owls.
Tomorrow it will be my show and tell and I can’t wait. I will be showing my blog and it will be fantastic when I have done this. It is so exciting!
At school my group, Earth, were doing doubling numbers and Mars group were doing halving.
[Daddy writes: This term, the groups in Pippy’s class are named after planets]
Your could add 4 and 4 – that makes 8.
To double a number, you have to add the same number twice.
If you have a number 6, you have to take away half of it – that is 3.
In September my new class is going to be Kingfishers. My teacher is called Mrs Tong. That is in Year 1.
In September I want to be better at jumping in the air and cartwheels. We do jumping in PE when the mat is near a bench but I don’t know about cartwheels. I want to do some drawing and sometimes going to Dragonflies which is the other Year 1 class. The Dragonfly teacher is my old teacher that I had in Reception (Ducklings). The Dragonfly Class were Goslings in Reception.